Thomas m. goet 2015-12-08 17:17:59
I just found this group and please pardon if the question has been
beaten to death. I have mold allergies along with sinusitis.
I am about to have a new central A/C installed to replace a worn out
unit. The salesmen from three of the companies I got quotes from are pushing
UV lights installed inside the air handler to cover the coils with the UV
light as a means of fighting mold, bacteria and viruses that might grow
inside the unit.
Does anyone know if this is effective and are there any problems related
to such a device? I have spent a good deal of time on the web and asked my
allergist, but can’t find any definitive information. Thanks in advance!
Thomas M. Goethe